Pre-Decemberers...congrats. Anyone not get accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

huskiesrule

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to everyone being accepted today. I had 6 pre-Decembers yet one acceptance (Western). Anyone else not hear back from the other schools like me?

Members don't see this ad.

I had four pre-dec and only got into one. I haven't heard anything from other three.

I'm in a similar boat. I had 8 pre-Dec interviews and 2 acceptances and 1 waitlist. Haven't heard anything from the others but I am happy with my 2 acceptances! Hopefully there'll be movement soon and we'll find out more!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
7 pre, 2 waitlist, 1 continue review 4 nothing... must have done a terrible job at the interview...

So far I have one acceptance out of four interviews and I am not complaining. One is all I need! :)

Reactions: 7 users
4 pre = 0 acceptances + 1 wait-list + 2 silence.

um ya... me. sucks. but oh well. i applied super late. and took my DAT super duper late. so i reckon ill be super uber duper lucky to get accepted anywhere at all. bummer.

applied 12 schools. 0 interviews. 3.9 gpa. 20 aa. bleh.

2 pre-dec interviews with 0 response (AADSAS still says "Invited for Interview" for both)

UDM still says Invited for interview for me and Temple says "Application received/ complete". Some schools I interviewed at aren't even on the portal.

Few interviews, Most I haven't heard a peep from, and I have 0 acceptances.

4 pre December interviews, 2 acceptances, 2 silence. Seems like a lot of schools played the silent card today!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had 3 pre-dec interviews but haven't heard back from any. Hope they are on their way... ;)

3 pre dec .
1 acceptance
1 waitlist
1 still haven't heard back

3 pre December, 0 acceptances and 1 wait list. Am super bummed I haven't heard anything from my state school because I was in the first round of people interviewed, was so sure I would get in today. Ughhh worst day of my life

Reactions: 4 users
3 pre December, 0 acceptances and 1 wait list. Am super bummed I haven't heard anything from my state school because I was in the first round of people interviewed, was so sure I would get in today. Ughhh worst day of my life
Stil in the game my friend, I'm in the same situation.. At least we have a fighting chance!

two, one from Temple and the other UNLV.

Temple i called them today and they said my aadsas of "application complete" means "under review" in their computer. They handed out acceptances today, so i guess probably not gonna get their email.

UNLV: i was interviewed on November 22nd, they said January is the earliest for this interview batch, so I am gonna play the waiting game till the end of January.

7 predec, 3 acceptances, did not hear a peep from the other 4. So no waitlists or rejections just yet. Are some school going to notify us tomorrow or is today the only day.

Last edited:
Hang in there ! Hopefully you'll get some good news tomorrow !
Is that a thing? Do schools sometimes spread it out over a few days? I figured they went full bore today and will wait until january or so to start pulling from the wait list.

One pre-December and no response. Hopefully my one January interview goes well but it's pretty deflating.

For those who havent got in, your chance is still great because you are among the competitve ones to get pre-dec. there are plenty of people who will declinde acceptances and open up spots so hang in there and good luck!

2 Pre-Dec, 0 acceptance, 1 waitlist, 1 silent

I know it's still early, but I am EXTREMELY disappointed

3 pre-dec, 0 acceptance, 2 waitlist, 1 rejected

Its just being in finals week doesn't help. I feel my faith may change only if i submit a 4.0 fall grade.

Last edited:
2 pre-Decembers, 0 acceptances. 1 Waitlisted.

Its just being in finals week doesn't help. I feel my faith my change only if i submit a 4.0 fall grade.

2 pre dec, silence from both

Same here. 2 pre-dec = "invited for interview" no change at all :shrug:

Finals week for me too. Luckily they're on Thursday and Friday but given my state of mind atm it'll take me a few days to recover, and then comes Thursday.....

2 interviews, 2 waitlists... I'm gutted...

5 pre-dec. 1 wait list. 1 acceptance. 3 silences.

2 pre-dec, 1 waitlist, 1 silence. Needless to say I cried all night lol

3 pre December, 0 acceptances and 1 wait list. Am super bummed I haven't heard anything from my state school because I was in the first round of people interviewed, was so sure I would get in today.
kc0X8t

9 interviews, 5 offers, 3 wait lists, 1 no response

I got 1 offer out of 6. I called the other schools (temple, Boston, nova,) and they said my app is still under review? Does that mean they will reevaluate after January?

1 pre-dec interview, no response yet. Not looking good :/

Is that a thing? Do schools sometimes spread it out over a few days? I figured they went full bore today and will wait until january or so to start pulling from the wait list.
I hope they do spread out. As far as I know they spread it out this week and a few next week.

1 pre-dec interview, no response yet. Not looking good :/
I say that we stick it out and not give up hope. I'm in the same boat, but for some reason I just want to wait it out this week. In the meantime, try the best you can to do something else to occupy time. Study!

I'm staying positive. Thanks for your awesome words. I hope we both get in! Good luck to you!!!!

UDM still says Invited for interview for me and Temple says "Application received/ complete". Some schools I interviewed at aren't even on the portal.
after my interview at temple, my status was changed back to application received/complete. But i didn’t hear anything yesterday, feeling pretty bummed :(

2 pre-dec, 1 waitlist, 1 silence. Needless to say I cried all night lol
1 pre-dec and heard nothing, I feel ya on the crying all night… well actually yesterday it didn’t even hit me.. today i started crying :’(

3 pre december interviews, one wait list, two I never heard back. My one waitlist said I could hear back all the way to august of 2014?!?!

We all have to stay positive. From what I understand and correct me if I'm wrong, but schools typically send out acceptances to just enough people to fill their class sizes on the off chance that 100% of those students accept. Typically only 50% accept so another round of acceptances half the size of the one that just went out will happen in January, then another half in february, look at it as half lives. During two of the interviews they said how many people they interview and how many people they accept, it was almost 70% of the people that get interviewed get an acceptance!! I heard multiple times from third and fourth year students that the interview is just about them making sure you can form sentences. I honestly can't see where I would have went wrong on my interviews?!?!

Not getting accepted december 2nd means you're not in the top 50% of the class, here is hoping we are all in the bottom 50% haha!! I think this a positive a way to look at it! Hang in there!!! I'm gonna stop checking my email and phone like a hawk and stay cool and carry on!!

Reactions: 3 users
3 pre december interviews, one wait list, two I never heard back. My one waitlist said I could hear back all the way to august of 2014?!?!

We all have to stay positive. From what I understand and correct me if I'm wrong, but schools typically send out acceptances to just enough people to fill their class sizes on the off chance that 100% of those students accept. Typically only 50% accept so another round of acceptances half the size of the one that just went out will happen in January, then another half in february, look at it as half lives. During two of the interviews they said how many people they interview and how many people they accept, it was almost 70% of the people that get interviewed get an acceptance!! I heard multiple times from third and fourth year students that the interview is just about them making sure you can form sentences. I honestly can't see where I would have went wrong on my interviews?!?!

Not getting accepted december 2nd means you're not in the top 50% of the class, here is hoping we are all in the bottom 50% haha!! I think this a positive a way to look at it! Hang in there!!! I'm gonna stop checking my email and phone like a hawk and stay cool and carry on!!

My situation is one of the schools I apply to have a class size of 41 and the other one has a class size of 50... so there aren't that many spots left after dec 2nd :( nevertheless I'll keep hoping.... for now

does silence mean the next time I hear is January? boards are pretty quiet...