Pre-Dent Volunteering Abroad, Need Supplies - Any Suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Branston87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings all - I am a recently accepted pre-dent who is currently volunteering abroad at a charity in Quito, Ecuador. I've taken a position as the manager of the dental program here and I have a few ideas that I feel could really make a difference here in the community IF I can find a way to get them off the ground. My budget is basically zero, however, meaning that I'm going to need to be creative if I want to accomplish things that I feel are vital for improving the oral health of the people here in our barrio.

I was wondering if anybody out in the sdn universe knows of any/has any connections with any dentistry-related charities that might be able to help me out (the same goes for instrument companies) - as of now, the items at the very top of my wish list are instruments for hygiene, as I think that regular prophy exams could make a tremendous difference here.

Also if anybody else has any ideas in general - raising money, soliciting donations, ideas for improving oral health - I am open to everything. At the end of the day, I'm doing whatever I can to improve the oral health of the people here, and if that means asking for help from whoever I can get it from (I'm basically on my own in this program), I'll do it in a second.

Thanks for your time

Members don't see this ad.