1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre- Dental Psych Major?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Pre-Dent-David, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Pre-Dent-David

Pre-Dent-David Super Hero
    7+ Year Member

Well from what I have heard that you can major in a number of different things as long as you have the main required sci classes ( usually the main classes of the bio major (I think )).

I think it would be a good way to diversify the types of classes I am taking from all science to a mix of both. It could very well also help with my gpa. The question on my mind though is something that dental schools would consider desireable , undesireable, or indifferent.

Currently my major in undeclared since I am just a freshman nad have untill next year to choose pretty much. Bleh. You know how its like being a freshman. Pease take pity on me and give me some insight. Thanks.

:clap:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. vixen

vixen I like members
    10+ Year Member

i was a psych major. now i hate psych.

4. I was a psych major and I'm doing great in the application process. As long as you have the pre reqs, you'll be fine. Plus the psych classes give a nice boost to your overall gpa. Schools like students who are different.

5. hockeydentist

hockeydentist 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

I hate when people spout that they have such an awesome GPA when it comes to applying to dental, medical, and grad school, just becuase they have an easy degree plan. I look at people who have psych majors as one of two things, really lazy and or really dumb. :mad:

6. Thanks einstein. I'm sure you're a real genius.

Stop being so bitter.

7. hockeydentist

hockeydentist 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

I guess one of my obersvations hit oceansize close to home

8. hit a nerve? *rolls eyes*
    you directly insulted me after my post.

we'll continue this debate when we can compare acceptance letters.