Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Pre- Dental Psych Major?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Pre-Dent-David, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Pre-Dent-David

Pre-Dent-David Super Hero
    7+ Year Member

Well from what I have heard that you can major in a number of different things as long as you have the main required sci classes ( usually the main classes of the bio major (I think )).

I think it would be a good way to diversify the types of classes I am taking from all science to a mix of both. It could very well also help with my gpa. The question on my mind though is something that dental schools would consider desireable , undesireable, or indifferent.

Currently my major in undeclared since I am just a freshman nad have untill next year to choose pretty much. Bleh. You know how its like being a freshman. Pease take pity on me and give me some insight. Thanks.

:clap:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. vixen

vixen I like members
    10+ Year Member

i was a psych major. now i hate psych.

4. I was a psych major and I'm doing great in the application process. As long as you have the pre reqs, you'll be fine. Plus the psych classes give a nice boost to your overall gpa. Schools like students who are different.

5. hockeydentist

hockeydentist 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

I hate when people spout that they have such an awesome GPA when it comes to applying to dental, medical, and grad school, just becuase they have an easy degree plan. I look at people who have psych majors as one of two things, really lazy and or really dumb. :mad:

6. Thanks einstein. I'm sure you're a real genius.

Stop being so bitter.

7. hockeydentist

hockeydentist 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

I guess one of my obersvations hit oceansize close to home

8. hit a nerve? *rolls eyes*
    you directly insulted me after my post.

we'll continue this debate when we can compare acceptance letters.