Pre Interview Waiting Purgatory

Started by house4740
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ITT: Successful people trying to help butthurt whiners.

Suck it up OP, you may have never heard this, but med school admissions isnt easy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ITT: Successful people trying to help butthurt whiners.

Suck it up OP, you may have never heard this, but med school admissions isnt easy.

The OP was just trying to start a thread where people in a similar situation as himself can support each other. If you or any of the other unsympathetic posters before you don't think it's a good idea, then just DON'T POST HERE. Get over yourselves. The med school process is a long and hard one, and it really does take a lot out of you. If someone wants a little support, don't bash them just because you have a different opinion about how people should conduct themselves. Call me crazy, but some people need to talk things through with others to feel better and that was all this kid was trying to do!

To the OP: I know it's hard dude, and struggling with depression makes it even harder. Don't worry though, if you applied broadly you'll likely hear good news soon. I was freaking out BAD before I got my first invite, but now that I have one I feel like a burden has been lifted. Keep your head up, and good luck!
 
"Opinions are like @55holes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."
 
"Opinions are like @55holes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."

orly.jpg
 
The OP was just trying to start a thread where people in a similar situation as himself can support each other. If you or any of the other unsympathetic posters before you don't think it's a good idea, then just DON'T POST HERE. Get over yourselves. The med school process is a long and hard one, and it really does take a lot out of you. If someone wants a little support, don't bash them just because you have a different opinion about how people should conduct themselves. Call me crazy, but some people need to talk things through with others to feel better and that was all this kid was trying to do!

To the OP: I know it's hard dude, and struggling with depression makes it even harder. Don't worry though, if you applied broadly you'll likely hear good news soon. I was freaking out BAD before I got my first invite, but now that I have one I feel like a burden has been lifted. Keep your head up, and good luck!

U Mad?
 
your verbal score makes sense to me

Its good enough. It could be one of the reasons I decided to abandon my career as a writer for the NY Times in favor of a new career in medical science. Luckily I have a 14 (what is that 99.5th percentile?) in the Biological Sciences section-- you know, the one which is actually used in medical school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad