Pre-Med Committee Interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Prospective Doctor, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Prospective Doctor

Hello Everyone,

Did anyone go for Pre-Med Committee interview lately? How is it often structured? Is it less stressful than the medical school interview? Any info. or questions asked in the interview will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jot

jot

i did a long time back (last semester) - well they are technically on your side, so that should take the pressure off. its good practice for the real thing, and it isn't really for gettin in anywhere, so just relax and use it as a good opportunity to polish your skills and understand your motives

-jot

4. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty SDN Advisor

Attending Physician
    At my school they're trying to improve their rep by getting students into medical school. Of course, they're not going to back students who aren't well prepared. But, if you have good grades, LORs, and you have a good sense of what you're doing, you should have no problem!

I imagine your interviews will be totally low-stress. Just know about your future plans and your past experiences and you probably won't get anything hard. My second interviewer (a neurologist) did the interview while on rounds at the local hospital, and it was a great experience.