pre-med counseling

Started by GottaGet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GottaGet

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I finished UCI in Dec'06 with a 2.9 gpa. I got a 24 on MCAT in sept'07. I was not sure about what career to pursue, but now have decided on medical school, most likely at Ross in the Caribbean. however i do not have any contact with professors, so i cannot get the 2 required academic or professional LOR. i was wondering if anyone knew of a good place i could go to that can give me advising or counseling in the OC, CA area, so that i could find a job or possibly take classes to get the necessary expereince and LORs to get into Ross. I tried going to the UCI counseling service, but the counseler there spent alot of time trying to convince me to not go to med school, saying that i wasn't qualified, so i quit it.
 
If by professional, they mean doctors who know you, try shadowing a few doctors and then asking for recommendations. Or working/volunteering at a medical facility and then asking for a letter. You could also contact your old professors and ask for a letter. Many professors gets requests from students for letters. I asked for letters after having worked for two years, even though my professor had not seen me in the intervening years.