Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone. As a child and even a undergraduate I thought about becoming a psychiatrist or going to medical school to become an OB/GYN but have always been discouraged to do so because I feel I am not good at science and math and decided to major in psychology instead. I currently 27 with a BA in psychology and MS in child psychology. I currently getting my LMHC because I wanted to do PHD counseling program but did the LMHC incase I didn't get into a program(give me license). As I've gotten older I learned that I do have a passion for helping people and I can be good in science or math but as long as I apply myself. I learned with these subjects I have to practice and study. I'm just sick of letting fear and other people advice get in the way of what I really want. I have been thinking of switching careers. Not because I don't like working with people with Mental Health but I want to push myself and also provide a comfortable life for myself. I know if I pursue a PHD or MD I will be broke for a while which I'm fine with. But I am trying to decide the best course of action if I decide to do an MD as a non-traditional student. I am currently at Hunter college getting my LMHC, I am thinking that I can take some pre-req course while I'm there. I am currently paying for this program out of pocket. But I do have student loans from my other degrees. What should I do?