Pre-med = No social life?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just realized that I have no friends. So depressing. I totally forgot about social life. I have been so busy going to school, studying, and working that I forgot to keep in touch with my friends. And now I don't have any. Now that I talk to other girls in school, they are like "what, you don't go to parties?!". They party mostly every other night and me not at all. I was feeling so awkward when I was having this conversation with them. This whole "getting into med school" thing has taken over my life. Now I feel so left out and sad. Did this happen to anyone else or is it only me?

I hung out with my friends a lot during undergrad, even the years when I had a pretty good GPA, so it's perfectly possible to hang out with friends and still study.

Or find really nerdy friends to study with and combine both (unless you study poorly when in a group).

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think so, actually. I don't have a SINGLE close friend who's gunning for med school or is in med school - acquaintances, yes, but not friends. Similar professional aspirations are hardly a ground for friendship - if anything, they can serve to kill a friendship because of competition.

Well, med schools usually try to limit those competitive impulses.

And seriously, if you can't get along well with the people you'll be spending entire nights in an anatomy lab with...well I don't really know how you'd do well.

So in a sense I think med students are closer to each other as a group, just because of the huge amount of time they're putting in together.

:eek: "wife material" are you serious? Having no friends makes one wife material...(No offence to the OP whatsoever) But that's probably the dumbest sh** I've ever heard in my life. Who says that anyways?

Rotflmao...yeah I don't think being friendless and depressed is the correct criteria for wife material.
Now, cute, smart, and amazingly supportive would be more like it.

Members don't see this ad :)
:eek: "wife material" are you serious? Having no friends makes one wife material...(No offence to the OP whatsoever) But that's probably the dumbest sh** I've ever heard in my life. Who says that anyways?

plus what does being shy and quiet have to do with being a good wife?

plus what does being shy and quiet have to do with being a good wife?

Yeah maybe that's what struck me about that the most. What is this the 50's? I'm outgoing and loud...I guess I'll be a spinster.