Pre-Med or Premed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What do you use?

• Pre-Med (Pre-Medical)

Votes: 40 70.2%
  • Premed (Premedical)

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • What?

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SDN

Welcome to SDN
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What form do you prefer?

Members don't see this ad.

Actually, for me it depends on whether the "medical" part is shortened or not. If it's fully spelled out, I use a dash.

So I use premed and pre-medical.

Members don't see this ad :)
What form do you prefer?

IMO...
Pre-Med is a noun representing someone who is studying and taking the appropriate classes with the intention of entering medical school.
"Because I am a Pre-Med I had to take Organic Chemistry I and II."

Premed, on the other hand, is an adjective describing someone with the mindset that so many people aspiring to get into medical school adopt.
"Because I am premed I started freaking out because I got a 89% on my first Organic Chemistry test, and now I'm going to post on SDN asking people if I still have a chance of getting into medical school with such a bad grade on my record."

IMO...
Pre-Med is a noun representing someone who is studying and taking the appropriate classes with the intention of entering medical school.
"Because I am a Pre-Med I had to take Organic Chemistry I and II."

Premed, on the other hand, is an adjective describing someone with the mindset that so many people aspiring to get into medical school adopt.
"Because I am premed I started freaking out because I got a 89% on my first Organic Chemistry test, and now I'm going to post on SDN asking people if I still have a chance of getting into medical school with such a bad grade on my record."

Yeah that's exactly what I was trying to say =)

As neurochaos said above....neither.

I don't say either of them. As a "premed" you don't take any classes that are specific to medical school. You take the same classes a "pre-dent", "pre-pharm", "pre-vet", "pre-lab worker", etc, etc would. And its not just something I should look over, because to me it confused me when I was coming right out of high school and was not informed about this fact.

dog_i_dunno_lol.jpg

you guys crack me up

I prefer MEDICAL STUDENT suckas:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have fun applying

Sorry, "semantic discussion" wasn't one of the options. Try again.

Thank you. lol. Such a simple question with such ridiculous responses. It's like that song says, "beer is good, god is great and people are crazy."

Pre-Medical. It is practically a synonym for ecstasy as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.