Pre-med radiology

Started by YupGypsy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

YupGypsy

Banne*d for Tr*olling
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aplogy if this had been asked before. I'm only a pre-med, but I'm aiming for radiology. How competitive is it? What do I need to score on my boards & how many residency spots are open per year?

How much do these guys make on average, by the way?
 
1) Very
2) If you hit 250, you'll be in great shape.
3) I think the AMA has a fact page with this info.
4) Lots. But if you're in it for the money, you may not be able to make it past med school admissions interviews. Let alone, the 4 years of med school. Then the 5 years of residency. Then the realization that with dropping compensation, you might have wasted 9 years of your life in pursuing something purely for money. (Not preaching...just hoping you have some other reason for doing this than $$$)
 
PastJast said:
Aplogy if this had been asked before. I'm only a pre-med, but I'm aiming for radiology. How competitive is it? What do I need to score on my boards & how many residency spots are open per year?

How much do these guys make on average, by the way?

i'm starting 6th grade this year and i was wondering what kind of scores i need for rads?

sorry for that

do not worry about rads...worry about getting into medical school. aim for medical school. aim for A's and >30 MCAT...that is all

tm
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'm starting 6th grade this year and i was wondering what kind of scores i need for rads?

sorry for that

do not worry about rads...worry about getting into medical school. aim for medical school. aim for A's and >30 MCAT...that is all

tm

LMAO...I don't think I knew what a radiologist was in the 6th grade :laugh: