Pre-med student in canada - guidance needed.

D

deleted463532

I may have posted this in the incorrect sub-forum, but I have some new questions I want to ask here.

I am graduating from high school this year. I am still unsure what to do with my life - whether or not premed is the choice for me. I lived in both Toronto and UBC and am currently living in toronto, having just moved away from vancouver (BC).

1) Would it be better to go to UBC (BSc of Science) or U of Toronto physical and mathematical science(I didn't apply for life-science faculty) ? I've heard that U of Toronto is harder to get a higher GPA. Also: I can take life-science courses even if I'm not in the life-science faculty, right?

2)Is it necessary to have leadership positions for med? I've held a leadership position in a club in high school, but I don't know where I'll get that opportunity at such a large university.

3)How do you get to know your university proffessors better?

4)How does one get into research?

5) Could I possibly do computer science/buisness/not science, while taking reqs for med, and then apply?

Members don't see this ad.

I may have posted this in the incorrect sub-forum, but I have some new questions I want to ask here.

I am graduating from high school this year. I am still unsure what to do with my life - whether or not premed is the choice for me. I lived in both Toronto and UBC and am currently living in toronto, having just moved away from vancouver (BC).

1) Would it be better to go to UBC (BSc of Science) or U of Toronto physical and mathematical science(I didn't apply for life-science faculty) ? I've heard that U of Toronto is harder to get a higher GPA. Also: I can take life-science courses even if I'm not in the life-science faculty, right?

2)Is it necessary to have leadership positions for med? I've held a leadership position in a club in high school, but I don't know where I'll get that opportunity at such a large university.

3)How do you get to know your university proffessors better?

4)How does one get into research?

5) Could I possibly do computer science/buisness/not science, while taking reqs for med, and then apply?

1. Don't know much about Canadian schools, but you should be able to take lifesci courses either way.

2. It's not necessary but it is highly recommended.

3. Go in during office hours and ask for help, ask good questions in class, etc.

4. Depends on the school, some schools may have research programs for freshman, but if yours doesn't, generally you would email people who are doing research that you are interested in and express said interest to them. The latter may take a few tries.

5. Yes. Unless Canada has some weird rule about it, you can major in whatever you want to.