Pre-medders --> favorite non-alcoholic beverages?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
DaMota said:
i hate to do this to you shredder but the def of a beverage is "any one of various liquids for drinking, usually excluding water". i'm gonna have to say it's a beverage, considering i swig it instead of coke or tea throughout the day.
-mota

Mota brings about a good point....its off the chain.

Members don't see this ad.

My favorite drinks: PEPSI & SUNKIST(Pineapple flavour)...................

I like diet rite cola, no caffeine, no calories, but great taste. OOh and Roibois tea from South AFrica.

But now that I have invisalign all I can drink if water!! damn it.

Members don't see this ad :)
My favorites are Tropicana OJ with no pulp, Diet Coke with Splenda and Starbucks.

Dry Single Short Soy Sugar-Free Almond White Chocolate Mocha at 135.7 degrees Fahrenheit. Or two shots of strong espresso with 3 oz. cream and a huge dollop of honey...aka the closest thing to Eastern European coffee you can get without ordering it from an Eastern European restaurant.

Clementine Izze and Chocolate milk.

I had a Vanilla Latte from Starbucks this morning and it tasted like ****.

Gavanshir said:
I had a Vanilla Latte from Starbucks this morning and it tasted like ****.

tasted like milk? whats so bad about that?

My favorite drinks are Chai Lattes from Starbucks, Country Time Lemonade, and of course, ice-cold Pepsi. :cool:

Shredder said:
eek no mix, that would probably taste bad. diet 7 up is good, a recent discovery i just made. much better than diet sprite...bleh. 7up was always cooler anyway, give it a shot. its a better drink than sprite, sprite just beat it due to business tricks. coke zeros ok, but no drink tastes as normal as diet dr pepper. wikipedia even mentions this!

spot.gif

Diet 7-up mixed with a good pulpy orange juice is truly untouchable, an absolutely fantastic drink.

justskipee said:
tasted like milk? whats so bad about that?

HAHAH

no votes for water yet?

SanDiegoSOD said:
Diet 7-up mixed with a good pulpy orange juice is truly untouchable, an absolutely fantastic drink.

Are you familiar with Orangina?

LT8R said:
Ginger Ale or Honeydew Boba. Dankness... :D

ginger ale rocks my world. as does cranberry juice. and apple cider with a cinnamon stick.

Members don't see this ad :)
SanDiegoSOD said:
My favorite drinks are Chai Lattes from Starbucks, Country Time Lemonade, and of course, ice-cold Pepsi. :cool:

Does Starbucks have sugar-free chai?

Black Coffee from a french press

socal78 said:
Black Coffee from a french press

Ohh...well aren't we sophisticated! **straightens lapel and closely inspects ascot for cigar ash**

DIET COKE!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHH!! I drink so much of that stuff......can't be healthy. Also.....where the hell do you get pineapple flavored sunkist??

gasoline!
-mota

BrettBatchelor said:
Can't believe no one does the dew.

Guess we have to be healthy.
Ewww, it's like liquid sunshine. Unless it's alcoholic or some other intoxicant, I will not imbibe anything that color.

Dr. Pepper is my drug of choice...but lately I have been allowing myself only water. Nothing says breakfast like a big bowl of cereal and H2O ;)

desiredusername said:
Ewww, it's like liquid sunshine. Unless it's alcoholic or some other intoxicant, I will not imbibe anything that color.

yeah it looks a tad bit radioactive

BaylorGuy said:
Mota brings about a good point....
This is deserving of a thread in and of itself:

"Anyone hear Mota bring up a good point lately?o_O"

j/k Mota. you know I love you.

Nikki2002 said:
i like the red kind..........or that blue mountain dew at taco bell......yummy yummy :laugh:

blue? guess there aren't any of THOSE taco bells around here...

Americano. Hands down. Sometimes with a pump of flavor: pumpkin spice and gingerbread are good this time of the year.

gdbaby said:
Clementine Izze and Chocolate milk.
izze is undervalued. i mostly just like the bottle tops.

Have all you East-Coasties out there heard of an Americano...? I ordered 2 from different espresso stands on the East Coast and neither barista knew what I was talking about...

desiredusername said:
izze is undervalued. i mostly just like the bottle tops.
When I was pg I had the biggest craving for Clementine Izze. They were always sold out at the Whole Foods by my house, so I called their Boulder HQ. Someone from the company who lived somewhat close to my house brought some to me! They are so legit in my book.

What are your feelings about Chocolate milk: garish or just good fun?

gdbaby said:
What are your feelings about Chocolate milk: garish or just good fin?
Good fin? Are you coming on to me? Dear god, That's like the worst come on I've ever heard - and I've used some bad ones.... (yes, that should be a new thread.)
And chocolate milk, and all other milks, make me gassy. Yes, I'm mildly lactose intolerant. But cheese doesn't do anything to me, or at least I'm not willing to admit it for fear of becoming a pariah.... more so.

desiredusername said:
Good fin? Are you coming on to me? Dear god, That's like the worst come on I've ever heard - and I've used some bad ones.... (yes, that should be a new thread.)
And chocolate milk, and all other milks, make me gassy. Yes, I'm mildly lactose intolerant. But cheese doesn't do anything to me, or at least I'm not willing to admit it for fear of becoming a pariah.... more so.
thank god I am shameless or I my self-esteem may be lowered from this comment. When I come on to someone, they know it. I had a t-shirt made.

I drink about 4 or 5 hot cups of Yerba Mate every day. My favorite is a brand named "Nativa" from http://www.gauchogourmet.com . Read more about it there. You can easily get a starter kit for like 10 bucks. I buy two bags and they last me all year.

www.yerbamate.com

Enjoy!

We're way into tea in Boulder. There's a tea shop here that makes these amazing earl grey milk shakes. But I've always been a fan of the slurpee - it's just plain fun. I was trying to explain it to my german friend - she was already weirded out by the amount of ice used in the US, and seemed shocked.

Chocolate milk is just plain fun as well.
Izze Drinks are amazing - I like pomegranite.

lizanne11 said:
Have all you East-Coasties out there heard of an Americano...? I ordered 2 from different espresso stands on the East Coast and neither barista knew what I was talking about...

I'm a "West-Coastie" (well until recently), but I've never heard of an Americano.

thefafo said:
But I've always been a fan of the slurpee - it's just plain fun. I was trying to explain it to my german friend - she was already weirded out by the amount of ice used in the US, and seemed shocked.

Izze Drinks are amazing - I like pomegranite.
Another reason not to like Germans - their unhealthy attraction to David Hasselhoff being the other.
Pomegranate is tasty.

desiredusername said:
Another reason not to like Germans - their unhealthy attraction to David Hasselhoff being the other.
Pomegranate is tasty.

have u tried the naked juice pomegranate? its like 95% sour, 5% pomegranate.

tomorrowgirl99 said:
Any type of hot tea. Give me tea, and I will be your f@$k buddy for life.

Really? I'm all about some over-steeped green or black tea with sugar and milk. Good for you and gives a great high. Doesn't make me want to crap myself either.

jtank said:
have u tried the naked juice pomegranate? its like 95% sour, 5% pomegranate.
most naked juice is good, but it's too earthy tasting for prolonged exposure. I do like the naked juice pomegranate, though. I'm telling you, horizon OJ is like the best boxed drink available with the exception of franzia and those little juice boxes that I used to have before my naps. Without the naps and juice boxes I was a cranky college student.

Diet Coke is the nectar of the gods....wild cherry diet Pepsi is pretty good too.
Have any of you ever tried pomegranate juice, orange juice, and Sprite mixed together? Fantastic. Turkish coffee is weird at first but great.

Kona coffee. :love:
cafe vanilla frappucinno
nonfat iced caramel macchiato
virgin pina colada.

:thumbup:

lizanne11 said:
They serve Americanos on the east coast... it's espresso with hot water.

karirunner said:
Diet Coke is the nectar of the gods....wild cherry diet Pepsi is pretty good too.
Have any of you ever tried pomegranate juice, orange juice, and Sprite mixed together? Fantastic. Turkish coffee is weird at first but great.

Oooh, that sounds good. I like cranberry juice, OJ, and Sprite all mixed together, +/- vodka.

POM pomegranate juice is the best, but holy crap, it ain't cheap. The R.L. Knudson brand is not as good but is way less expensive. And a recent study has shown, if memory serves, that pomegranate juice delays the progression of prostate cancer in mice. Not that I have a prostate to worry about, but what's not to love about that?

ALCOHOL!!
-mota

Diet Vanilla Coke on a regular day.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned egg nog, it being the season and all. And yes, you can drink nog without the EtOH. Actually I prefer Silk Nog -- more subtle flavor, not quite so thick and sweet, and better for you.

cream soda.... mmmmmmmmmmm

Mountain Dew Code Red. The nectar of the gods. :thumbup:

MaloCCOM said:
I drink about 4 or 5 hot cups of Yerba Mate every day. My favorite is a brand named "Nativa" from http://www.gauchogourmet.com . Read more about it there. You can easily get a starter kit for like 10 bucks. I buy two bags and they last me all year.

www.yerbamate.com

Enjoy!
I was wondering if anyone was going to say anything about yerba mate....This stuff is the drink of the gods.....I didnt say anything until now because anyone who knows me and read this would immediately recognize me, im so identified with it.

I'm a big root beer fan myself. I also love that red orangina you can get in france.

But in all of your flying around these days, has anyone noticed the following:

Marketshare of gingerale: 2%
Marketshare of gingerale on airplanes: 50%

I think there is an untapped marketing case there.

I love naked's pomegranate juice, it's delicious.

I definately drink ginger ale on planes, but not really anywhere else. I don't get it either, and I'm part of the conspiracy.