This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nishaluke29

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I really wanted to make a pre-optometry community resource folder on google drive. Right now I only have a few people on it and I’d love to add more!

The folder has two sections: OAT content and Optometry School Info. The OAT content isn’t super developed rn but with time we’ll have a lot more materials on there! Right now it has a full-length practice test, a bunch of practice questions, a checklist of every topic mentioned on the OAT, a detailed study schedule, etc. Ideally, it will save us all time and money from sifting through all the scattered OAT resources by having them all in one clear space.

I’ve made a spreadsheet with a LOT of thorough details about **every optometry school in the US** (includes stuff like GPA/OAT scores of applicants vs accepted students, % in-state vs out of state vs international, NBEO pass rates, tuition, and more for each INDIVIDUAL school program!) Right now I’m working on one with every school’s prerequisites and recommended courses, but it'll be a while until I have that up and available on the drive.

To gain access to these resources, please email me at ** [email protected] ** In your email, tell me what state/country you’re from AND how you can help contribute!

Again, this is a community-driven resource, so I want everyone to contribute one resource when the join, such as some notes on a specific topic of bio or a link to your favorite Quizlet, anything helps!

Happy studying, feel free to ask any questions about this! :)

Members don't see this ad.

To clarify, when you email me please send me what you're contributing. I want to make sure everyone is doing their part if you're going to gain access to all these resources!

Since I posted this we got a LOT of really good contributions for OAT resources. I'd love to see more study materials about individual topics on the OAT if possible, but practice tests are always appreciated too!

Also, if you go to a school's webinars and you'd like to share your notes from that, it counts as long as I approve it! I don't want to double up the information on the drive.

If you can't contribute OAT resources and you want access to the school resources, consider making a list of residencies, externships, perks, etc offered by each school .Thank you all so much!

Hey guys!! :)

I have been using Chads videos, I pay monthly and I printed out the full course sheet that includes videos worksheets and a full outline for 21 chapters for general Chemistry. For biology I have been using the MCAT video playlist on youtube and the Kaplan OAT plus book. I am practicing questions using quizlet and making my own google doc cheat sheets.

Hi everyone! I really wanted to make a pre-optometry community resource folder on google drive. Right now I only have a few people on it and I’d love to add more!

The folder has two sections: OAT content and Optometry School Info. The OAT content isn’t super developed rn but with time we’ll have a lot more materials on there! Right now it has a full-length practice test, a bunch of practice questions, a checklist of every topic mentioned on the OAT, a detailed study schedule, etc. Ideally, it will save us all time and money from sifting through all the scattered OAT resources by having them all in one clear space.

I’ve made a spreadsheet with a LOT of thorough details about **every optometry school in the US** (includes stuff like GPA/OAT scores of applicants vs accepted students, % in-state vs out of state vs international, NBEO pass rates, tuition, and more for each INDIVIDUAL school program!) Right now I’m working on one with every school’s prerequisites and recommended courses, but it'll be a while until I have that up and available on the drive.

To gain access to these resources, please email me at ** [email protected] ** In your email, tell me what state/country you’re from AND how you can help contribute!

Again, this is a community-driven resource, so I want everyone to contribute one resource when the join, such as some notes on a specific topic of bio or a link to your favorite Quizlet, anything helps!

Happy studying, feel free to ask any questions about this! :)

Just to help you out, it looks like there's a lot of data on the ASCO website: