Pre-PA and need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BoneGirl600

Reaction score
Hello, I am a current graduate of a 4-year university and now I am considering pursuing PA school. In my undergrad I was in a program in which my courses were pre-determined and listed very differently from other classes. For example, the version of anatomy I took was labelled differently and much more in-depth compared to what other people had to take. Part of the issue was that now it is hard to see which classes I have already done for the pre-requisites. I am trying to meet with advisors to determine my options but thought I would post here for help too. There are a few classes I know I need to take such as microbiology. To fulfill these classes do I need to just enroll in an online program? Or would I need to apply for an entire pre-health post-bacc program? I am very confused in the process and don't know exactly how to approach my next steps, any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It is hard to speculate without even knowing what the courses you took were called, but someone at your university will have applied to medical school or PA school in the past so your advisors should know exactly what each course is equivalent to for common pre-reqs.

It is hard to speculate without even knowing what the courses you took were called, but someone at your university will have applied to medical school or PA school in the past so your advisors should know exactly what each course is equivalent to for common pre-reqs.
The SDN forum you've posted on is oriented toward students interested in applying to medical school. There is another area for Clinicians like PAs here: Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]

Reactions: 1 user