Pre-rec Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biggie101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took Gen Chem 1 in the summer of 2009. I am planning to apply this coming June. Will that class still be good to apply with and enter dental school if accepted in 2014?

Members don't see this ad.

I took Gen Chem 1 in the summer of 2009. I am planning to apply this coming June. Will that class still be good to apply with and enter dental school if accepted in 2014?

What about all the other pre-req classes? Are you planning to apply after having completed one class?

I will have all the others done. My question is just specifically for that one class because I am afraid it might be out of date due to the 5 year rule

Members don't see this ad :)
I will have all the others done. My question is just specifically for that one class because I am afraid it might be out of date due to the 5 year rule

it wont be a problem unless its seriously outdated. it wont be a problem. i had a similar situation by calling them but they said what i just mentioned. and its "pre-req" lol :p

You'll be fine.

Ur fine definitely. I think you can apply within ten years of taking the prerequisite.

I didn't have a problem with my Gen Chem 1 that I took about 10 years ago. I never questioned it though, so for your own piece of mind, just call the schools you're interested in and verify.

Nancy V.
UMDNJ NJDS Class of 2017
AA 20 TS 20 GPA 3.0 sGPA 2.8
"Resilience is what makes it happen!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a non-trad student and took the first semester of physics 12 years ago. It hasn't caused me any problems and no one has even brought it up in any interviews. I get the feeling that as long as you've done well in other science classes you've taken more recently it's not something most schools care about.

I would double check with every schools you're hoping to apply for. Some schools, like Arizona for example, are requiring that all prerequisites have been completed within 5 years of the date of application. Seems like your 2009 class will be fine for apply for this year, but maybe not if you need to reapply next year.