Pre-req Clarification Question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PUCO Hopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this might be a dumb question...please don't ridicule me :)

Some colleges require a few quarters of Bio, and some add on Anatomy and Physiology (or recommend it). Because of some time constraints, I am going to take Bio for two quarters (summers) at my local community college. My question is, the course titles for these 2 Bio classes I'll take are "Human Anatomy" and "Human Physiology." Does this count for the 2 quarters of Bio that most schools want? or does this only count as the A&P "optional" part??

Members don't see this ad.

Some colleges require a few quarters of Bio, and some add on Anatomy and Physiology (or recommend it). Because of some time constraints, I am going to take Bio for two quarters (summers) at my local community college. My question is, the course titles for these 2 Bio classes I'll take are "Human Anatomy" and "Human Physiology." Does this count for the 2 quarters of Bio that most schools want? or does this only count as the A&P "optional" part??
usually what they mean when they say bio , is BIO 1/2 , like intro level about DNA, kingdoms, classification, genetics etc

That's definitely just the A&P part. Intro Bio classes have to cover a lot of material very different from A&P. Things like evolution, DNA replication, taxonomy, respiration, ecology, eukaryotes vs. prokaryotes, etc. There's some areas of overlap, but not too much.