Pre-req classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dor940

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took half of my pre-req classes at one university and then i transferred to a different university. So, now i am thinking about retaking some classes that i did bad in at the first university. So, should I retake thoses classes at the first university or would it be ok if take them at the school that i am at right now. Would it matter which school i take them at because pharmcas is just going to average the two grades anyways. Just want to hear what others have to say about this.

Members don't see this ad.

Like RxWildcat said, you should definitely check to see if the classes are equivalent. As for taking it somewhere else, I think any universities will be fine as long as there's an improvement on your grades. For me personally, it's more important to re-take classes that are required for pharmacy school like major sciences because it's important to show them that you can earn the grades. Then you have a chance to tell them why you didn't do so well on your first try, etc... Good Luck! :)