Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Pre-req for schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Time2Sig, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Time2Sig

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Is there like a program that you can enter all the classes you've taken and it will tell you all the pharmacy schools you've met all the pre-reqs for?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PharmDY

PharmDY Reach for the Stars
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I haven't heard of one myself. But PharmCAS did make it easier with their school information links.. even though I still had to click back and forth, I didn't have to find each school's website and look for their pre-reqs page.

4. Time2Sig

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yeah I've already gone through pharmcas, I was just hoping I could find an easier way to experiment with what classes to take since a lot of schools have different requirements. I've noticed that if you take the chem and bio series, plus micro, one physics, one A&P, and macroeconomics you can apply to about 1/3-1/2 of the pharmacy schools. Other schools require speech, more physics and A&P, and random classes like religion or even PE. I want to make a simple list of schools I should concentrate on, but I guess I have to do it the hard way :(

5. Kay51

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    yeah i wonder why some require PE and religion? hm

6. piyi

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I know some schools like Campbell are religion-oriented, so that I can understand, but PE??? I wish someone would explain that! A few schools I was thinking about applying to had it as a requirement, and I was really dreading taking another PE course because I don't like PE at all. Back in the day, one of the highlights of finishing high school for me was that I'd never have to take another PE course again! Of course, I also felt that way about speech class, but I grudgingly had to go and take that again :( .

7. suppaman808

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Better PE than econ and english comp 2. Econ is a load of crap especially if we're not going after a pharmD/MBA and I hate the liberal arts. Went down the science path so I didn't have to analyze anything ******ed like literature and ads but looks like it can't be avoided until you make it into pharm school.