General Admissions & OTCAS Pre-req list on OTCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ot.3277

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, quick question - for mosts programs on OTCAS it has you list out your pre-reqs. If some overlap, do you mention both? I took stats intro, swithed majors and was required to take psych stats..do I list both? Same with psych, social science, and upper level science..do I list multiple courses if they all fall under the same domain, for instance if you take two different sociology courses.

Thanks I really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

I've noticed that programs sometimes specify which they prefer. For example, I've seen one OT program say they prefer psych/social science-based stats over another (probably math department stats). So in that case, you'd list that class over your Intro Stats since it would probably work more in your favor.

For other classes, I picked courses I performed the best in that completed the pre-req requirements. It seems redundant to list multiple classes for one requirement.

Reactions: 1 user
I've noticed that programs sometimes specify which they prefer. For example, I've seen one OT program say they prefer psych/social science-based stats over another (probably math department stats). So in that case, you'd list that class over your Intro Stats since it would probably work more in your favor.

For other classes, I picked courses I performed the best in that completed the pre-req requirements. It seems redundant to list multiple classes for one requirement.

so you wouldn't list both stats courses, i got an A in both but I don't want it to look like I'm hiding anything

Members don't see this ad :)
so you wouldn't list both stats courses, i got an A in both but I don't want it to look like I'm hiding anything

But, really, you're not hiding anything. OTCAS and the schools have access to all of your transcripts.

I actually spoke to someone in admissions at Touro about this. He said to list all possible classes that would fit that requirement, including any repeats. He said they double check anyway because he's had cases where someone would list a volleyball course as an English class accidentally. Best of luck to everyone applying!

I actually spoke to someone in admissions at Touro about this. He said to list all possible classes that would fit that requirement, including any repeats. He said they double check anyway because he's had cases where someone would list a volleyball course as an English class accidentally. Best of luck to everyone applying!

Ahh. That's good to know! I guess it would be easier to make sure the pre-requisite was done if you put everything down.

So I'm confused, do I need to only list my pre-req courses or do I list every single course on my transcript?