Pre-req question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wallace12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My in state school doesn't require a statistic course, but it seems nearly all other schools require it. I was wondering if any statistic course will fill this requirement? My university offers a statistics course under sociology and it's an upper division course. Has anyone else taken a course like this and had any schools not accept it?
Thanks for your replies!

Members don't see this ad.

Best thing to do is to email the schools you're interested in with a course syllabus or description. Each school is different.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

My in state school doesn't require a statistic course, but it seems nearly all other schools require it. I was wondering if any statistic course will fill this requirement? My university offers a statistics course under sociology and it's an upper division course. Has anyone else taken a course like this and had any schools not accept it?
Thanks for your replies!

Definitely take statistics if you can, regardless of if it is required or not. Simply because it will help you scrutinize scientific papers so that you don't have to take them on face value. As a pharmacist you'll often be presented with statistics about drug efficacy and with some statistical background you'll be able to tell whether or not their conclusions are well founded or statistically weak. As far as the course, we only had a regular stats course so I couldn't comment on that. I don't see why they wouldn't take it (as stats is stats) but like 8888888 said I would check just to make sure.

Thanks for your replies!

I would take stats to be on the safe side. Not to mention, it's covered on the PCAT.