1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

pre-reqs at comm. college

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mulingo, Oct 12, 2002.

1. mulingo

mulingo Junior Member

greetings!
    I am currently taking my into to chem and biol, as well as trigonometry at a community college. I recently spoke with an admissions person from a postbac program who said I would most likely have to re-take all of my courses from a four year university. Does anyone have any feedback on this? Do schools consider community college pre-reqs? I already have a bachelor's degree, and will be transferring after this year to complete organic, et. al. Anyone know anything about this? Finally, regarding my transfer, I'm looking at a variety of postbac programs on the east coast, here in hawaii, and possibly in california. Should I avoid California since I"m not a resident? I'm really trying to make a responsible choice that will increase my overall chances at more than just my state school. Feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I think pre-reqs from a community college are OK (maybe not the best, but OK), as long as your post-bac courses show you can handle university level work. Not sure why you'd want to avoid CA for post-bac just because you're not a resident. Are you talking about for reasons of getting into the post-bac program, or for getting into medschool? For the latter, I wouldn't think it would matter.

4. FLY

FLY Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

^^ 24/7 baby... :clap: