pre-reqs at comm. college

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mulingo, Oct 12, 2002.

1. mulingo

mulingo Junior Member

greetings!
    I am currently taking my into to chem and biol, as well as trigonometry at a community college. I recently spoke with an admissions person from a postbac program who said I would most likely have to re-take all of my courses from a four year university. Does anyone have any feedback on this? Do schools consider community college pre-reqs? I already have a bachelor's degree, and will be transferring after this year to complete organic, et. al. Anyone know anything about this? Finally, regarding my transfer, I'm looking at a variety of postbac programs on the east coast, here in hawaii, and possibly in california. Should I avoid California since I"m not a resident? I'm really trying to make a responsible choice that will increase my overall chances at more than just my state school. Feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member

I think pre-reqs from a community college are OK (maybe not the best, but OK), as long as your post-bac courses show you can handle university level work. Not sure why you'd want to avoid CA for post-bac just because you're not a resident. Are you talking about for reasons of getting into the post-bac program, or for getting into medschool? For the latter, I wouldn't think it would matter.

4. FLY

FLY Senior Member

^^ 24/7 baby... :clap: