Pre-requisites by when?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ankadent

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am thinking of applying not this coming cycle, but the one following the next cycle. I'm in my second year at UofToronto. Well, I was preparing for medical school previously, but now I fell in love :love: with dentisry. I was an art student at highschool so now I realized that after my grandmom (who is a dentist) showed me what kind of work she does, dentistry is what I really want.

Well, I might be in some kind of trouble now... because I want to apply to U.S. dental schools (well, one of the reasons being that I am not too confident to apply to only two Ontario school, namely UWO and UofToronto).

I don't have any problem with these two school's prerequisites, but now I have searched some dental schools that accept Canadians, like any other U.S. dental schools, they also have English, Chemistry (org, gen one year each), and Physics courses as prerequisites...

I only have half credits in both organic chem and general chem, no English, no Physics... I have third-year courses and some others that I have complete in 3rd year to get my degree, so I can't take all of the prerequisites in my 3rd year... maybe one half credit might be possible...

Is it possible to take English and Physics in my 4th year? :idea: Do dental schools accept students who will be finishing all pre-requisites at the time of graduation? i.e. I will be applying in June-July before I get any of these done, but will be finishing them at the time I get into the school.

Please help me! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like ur new to the thread (1 post).
You should try to use the "search" option to search for ur questions.

Anyways,
No you do not have to finish your pre-req b4 you apply, but you have to finish it before you enter dental school.
However, I would recommend at least finishing gen-chem, o-chem, bio before you apply b/c you have to take the DAT anyways and those subjects are covered in the test. Good luck!