Predental Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sevenyears

Case Dental 2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm entering a seven-year Joint DMD program with the College of Wooster and Case Dental and was curious as to any courses that others have found helpful on the DAT's or later at Dental School. Even though I have an acceptance to a seven year program, it is tentative: I need a 3.0 GPA and a 15 DAT, so I would appreciate any help in choosing classes because I schedule for my freshman year of undergrad in a month or so. Also, is a 15 hard to get on the DAT's, given that I've always done rather well on standardized tests?
Thanks for any help anyone has.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Unless you are entering Wooster with several AP credits, you will be locked into a basic premed/predental curriculum during your first year

Fall:
General Bio I
General Chemistry I
PreCalculus
English
Other non Sci

Spring:
General Bio II
General Chem II
Calculus I
English
Other non sci

During your sophomore year, try to add Anatomy/Physiology and Microbiology to your curriculum of Physics I&II and Organic I&II. During your third year (prior to entering CWRU), be sure to take Biochemistry and Histology, if offered.

As for the minimum 15 on the DAT. Don't sweat it. If you've had success in standardized tests in the past and you maintain a 3.0 or higher at Wooster, it will come fairly easy; however, defiinitely study and prepare. Often the achievement of competitive scores (above 18 in each category) will open doors for possible scholarships.

Good luck :thumbup: