Predental student postbac help needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LaughingGas

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have really low cgpa/sgpa( both under 2.6). I have taken prerequisites(all of them) and 1upper division class which is Genetics. I'm currently shadowing/studying for DAT. I need an advice for choosing a postbac program and retaking all prereq classes at CC due to financial limitations and geographical limitation.
As I'm willing to spend 2 more years from this point.
Here are of the options I thought about:
Postbac: apply postbac which allows me to take undergrad upper division Bio, since I had taken almost no upper division bio at all, "idealistically" getting good grades and showing an uptrend, making myself more competitive applicant
or
M.Sci: apply to a Master of Science in biology which allows me to take 400 level and 500 level courses and at the same time do a research under a professor.
Second bachelor degree: get a second bachelor degree on biology, taking upper division bio
I talked to the advisor and he seemed favoring more towards to postbac program, b/c according to his explanation a master program(research) is an option to strengthen the application if I already had a good gpa/dat. He thinks pretty much getting undergrad upper bio and showing an uptrend would favor over taking graduate level courses(including seminars) and a research.
I personally thought doing postbac is a better option since I had taken almost no upper division bio classes and realistically I would be more capable of taking upper division bio class over jumping directly to graduate level bio.
Any helpful comment appreciated
Thank you