Predoctoral Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edieb

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read on APPIC that around .50 of people get their first internship choice. Does anybody see how this is really possible? I guess I am thinking about this because right now I have 2 interviews and 2 rejections and I have not heard from the other sites. The 2 interviews I have are at non- competitive sites (one get 130 apps, interviews 50 and takes 10 interns while the other gets 100 apps, interviews 45 and takes around 5-7 interns). I am really nervous about getting an internship, so much so that I have hired a professional interview coach. What is everybody else doing to prepare for interviews? Did any past interns get their first choice?

Members don't see this ad.

I have not heard back from ANY of the sites I have applied for! No interviews, no rejections. The anticipation is driving me nuts! I have no advice for you, just empathy. :) Good luck!

APPIC only considers the choice of the sites a student ranks. So, if you applied to 15 spots, got 6 interviews and ranked 5 of the six and then got your second choice from that 5, APPIC would say you matched at your second choice even though several of the sites that rejected you might have been your real first choices.