Preliminary Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RockLee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems that everyone around me is getting preliminary interviews left and right. Are they really this competitive? Should I apply for more?

I know I will probably just get the response that I shouldn't worry yet etc etc and to relax ;) So save those comments :p Just wondering if prelimins are competitive.

Sorry I'm new here, I didn't even know about SDN when I was applying to Medical School...would have been so helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

It seems that everyone around me is getting preliminary interviews left and right. Are they really this competitive? Should I apply for more?

I know I will probably just get the response that I shouldn't worry yet etc etc and to relax ;) So save those comments :p Just wondering if prelimins are competitive.

Sorry I'm new here, I didn't even know about SDN when I was applying to Medical School...would have been so helpful.

Thanks in advance.

From everything I've heard and I guess it makes sense that yes, they are pretty competitive because the people applying for prelims are applying to them because they are entering an Advanced program in something...and a lot of the time that something is something very competitive like Derm, Optho, Radiology etc etc etc...and those applicants tend to have the good grades and the good scores....so you are competing with those kinds of grades and scores for the prelim/TY spots

I feel your pain though...I'm still waiting for some prelim/TY invites

Don't worry I didn't get half my prelim/transitioonal interviews till October.

Don't worry I didn't get half my prelim/transitioonal interviews till October.

that's good to hear...I have gotten one prelim invite thus far...in CA....but since I don't have an advance program invite in CA yet I will most likely not plan on going for awhile if ever...