PreMed Advisement / Transcript Evaluation Service?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carolinamarie85

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

This forum has always been so helpful as I've navigated this journey. I was wondering if anyone is aware of a service where you can send your transcripts to have them evaluated for GPA etc? The reason I ask is because I went to a lot of schools early on. I have a few W's an even a few F's. I'm almost done with my BA and I do know that postbacc work as well as a high MCAT score (hopefully) are in my future because my undergrad won't make the cut. I am hoping that by having these transcripts pulled into one spot and evaluated I can see how much more I have ahead of me to bring the GPA up. There are plenty of transcript evaluation services but they are aimed towards international applicants. I appreciate any information.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone,

This forum has always been so helpful as I've navigated this journey. I was wondering if anyone is aware of a service where you can send your transcripts to have them evaluated for GPA etc? The reason I ask is because I went to a lot of schools early on. I have a few W's an even a few F's. I'm almost done with my BA and I do know that postbacc work as well as a high MCAT score (hopefully) are in my future because my undergrad won't make the cut. I am hoping that by having these transcripts pulled into one spot and evaluated I can see how much more I have ahead of me to bring the GPA up. There are plenty of transcript evaluation services but they are aimed towards international applicants. I appreciate any information.
If you are carrying international transcripts/course credit, you may have to get them evaluated anyway for your application. (I presume this isn't what you are talking about.)

If you are talking about evaluating a US transcript, there's no need to really do that because verifiers at the application services will do that calculation. Hence it is one of those fundamental homework assignments that applicants actually go through and calculate your application GPA's (undergraduate, science, graduate, and term-by-term) according to the rules of the application service you apply to. Most applicants don't realize that institutional undergraduate GPA often does not match the application GPA (due to grade forgiveness policies or grading scales). This needs to be done for all post-secondary transcripts, including community college.

You should also do this exercise to find out how much it costs for you to request an official transcript to be delivered to the CAS and any school you eventually matriculate to. You should be able to do this calculation with unofficial transcripts and referencing to each CAS's grade calculation guide.

Your prehealth advisor/office should be able to help you with this determination. There are plenty of GPA calculators you can find on various prehealth advisor office websites or admissions consultant sites.

Like @Mr.Smile12 said, this is something you should do yourself so you know where you are at. There are various websites you can enter the grades/credits the classes were worth and see your GPA. There are also a few where you can enter your total GPA and credits taken, input a target GPA, and it'll tell you the credits and grades needed to get there.

While I absolutely do NOT advocate for paid advising services (I think alot of these are predatory practices that rely on neurotic pre-meds to pay them for advice and knowledge you can easily find online for free but this is a debate for another time), if you create a FREE account on mappd.com you can input your classes and grades by year and it'll spit out a AMCAS/AACOMAS/TMDSAS GPA for you by year, term, and for both BPCM and non-BPCM classes. I certainly will not be paying for anything there but hey, if the free tool is there, i'm gonna use it. Just double check the the numbers look right.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Like @Mr.Smile12 said, this is something you should do yourself so you know where you are at. There are various websites you can enter the grades/credits the classes were worth and see your GPA. There are also a few where you can enter your total GPA and credits taken, input a target GPA, and it'll tell you the credits and grades needed to get there.

While I absolutely do NOT advocate for paid advising services (I think alot of these are predatory practices that rely on neurotic pre-meds to pay them for advice and knowledge you can easily find online for free but this is a debate for another time), if you create a FREE account on mappd.com you can input your classes and grades by year and it'll spit out a AMCAS/AACOMAS/TMDSAS GPA for you by year, term, and for both BPCM and non-BPCM classes. I certainly will not be paying for anything there but hey, if the free tool is there, i'm gonna use it. Just double check the the numbers look right.
Thank you both. I looked into Mappd and am getting more familiar with that app. I'm glad to see a recommendation for it. I'll continue with my GPA calculation and once in a postbacc program get further advisement through that school instead of paying someone. Thank you again for these recommendations. I was going to solo the calculation and I think felt a bit intimidated because I wanted it to be accurate. I'll continue with these resources.

Also SDN has a free Premed Planner app. I don't know if it does GPA calculations but it can help you organize your activities before your application. We also won't spam you for using our app with other marketing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users