• Forums Updates - Thursday at 1:00 AM Eastern
    We will be performing some system maintenance on Thursday starting around 1:00 AM Eastern. The forums will be unavailable for approximately one hour.
  • Seeking Outstanding Advisors
    If you have benefited from an amazing advisor, nominate them for the 2024 Advisor of the Year Award! Accepting nominations now through March 31st.

Premed Classes Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pandatree2

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay so I feel like I may be acting quite DUMB here.
I have been looking to a slew of medical schools that DO accepts online premed classes for their requirements though I understand in class, on campus classes look much better.

I currently work full time and was going to take classes at UNE for my science requirements for premed so I could continue to work full time. I am also volunteering at the local hospital for about a year to get my hours started. Right now I am finishing up my social studies single subject teaching degree online also with National University, (half way through this I decided I wanted to go to med school).

Is this a better option or should I quit my full time job once I am done with my teaching degree, and complete my premed classes through UCLA extension.

There are so many pros and cons to each I am constantly doubting myself. :(
any advice is much appreciated as I feel like I have NO idea what I am doing and it is stressing me out.

Members don't see this ad.

ok thank you so much for the feedback! I am a single mom with a chronically ill child so I have to work as much as I can or either take out loans for living expenses in order to take the premed classes on campus. I am currently a junior in my undergrad program