Premed schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riss11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this question has been asked a million times! I'm just really confuse on which premed reqs I should take so I would have time to take my MCAT in the spring of my junior year.
What I was thinking was:

Freshman
FALL- Chem 1, Math
SPRING - Chem 2, *Bio 1, Math

*My school has this thing where you can't take bio unless you took chem :/

Sophomore
FALL- Bio 2, Physics 1
SPRING- Physics 2

Junior
FALL- Organic Chem
SPRING- Organic Chem

Is it common for most premeds to take organic chem their junior year?
How do you guys fit all the premed reqs in time to take the MCAT in spring of junior year?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked a million times! I'm just really confuse on which premed reqs I should take so I would have time to take my MCAT in the spring of my junior year.
What I was thinking was:

Freshman
FALL- Chem 1, Math

Sophomore
FALL- Bio 2, Physics 1
SPRING- Physics 2

Junior
FALL- Organic Chem
SPRING- Organic Chem

How do you guys fit all the premed reqs in time to take the MCAT in spring of junior year?

Yeah thats a common way of doing it, I do prefer my plan however.

Freshman
Fall Bio 1/ Chem 1
Spring Bio 2/Chem 2/ Calc 1

Sop
Physics 1/Orgo 1/ Calc 2
Physics 2/ Orgo 2 / Orgo Lab

Got A's in everything so wasnt that bad

What I was thinking was:

Freshman
FALL- Chem 1, Math

Sophomore
FALL- Bio 2, Physics 1
SPRING- Physics 2

Junior
FALL- Organic Chem
SPRING- Organic Chem

My school does the same thing (makes you take Bio 1 Freshman Spring, and then Bio 2 Sophomore Fall). I think it's probably more common to take Organic in your sophomore year, and then take Physics in your junior year. At least that's the way it is at my school. Otherwise, that looks fine.

I think it's common to not have your pre-reqs completely finished when you take the MCAT. A lot of people will be almost done with their pre-reqs - they'll be in the process of finishing Physics 2 or Orgo 2 when they actually take the exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
What I was thinking was:

Freshman
FALL- Chem 1, Math

Sophomore
FALL- Bio 2, Physics 1
SPRING- Physics 2

Junior
FALL- Organic Chem
SPRING- Organic Chem

From what I've seen and I am second year only but many people dont follow this, they go,

Bio1, Chem1, Math

Bio2, CHem2, Math

---

Orgo, Physics, Bio

Orgo, Physics, Lab

--

Bio, Math
??

I am doing that expect I am not taking physics nor lab, I'll take physics in the summer. My only concern is your going to have to wait so long to have fun in Orgo. :D Other than that, your plan should work, How ever it has been advised to take Orgo2 before taking mcats, its a debatable, and it comes down to how far your orgoI class got.

Since we're all talking classes here.
I wanted to get all my GE classes out of the way so my frosh and soph year were all dedicated to those 60 units. I ended up getting a Liberal Arts: math and sci AS degree out of it but I now wonder how much doing the GE classes like that hurt me in preparing for the MCAT and overall BS degree. :thumbup: :thumbdown: Not to mention I'm going to have to take almost a year off for military air medic training and such.

Any ideas? Comments? Thank you!