Premedical Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iamdumb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So I have a tiny or major (depending on how you see it) problem and I was wondering if anyone else here is going through the same thing or has prior experience with it.

For all of my premed classes, I:

1) was given credit for it upon entering college

2) was given credit after asking the relevant professor in college to give me an advanced standing examination for it. e.g. orgo I and II - told them that I knew everything that they were going to teach and had them test me and give me credit for it

3) took them in my freshman year and i come from a school where all freshmen are graded on a pass/fail basis.

any idea how the adcoms would view this? :(

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't really think it'd be a problem as long as you take enough upper level courses in bio/chem to give them an idea of your academic prowess. Also, you're MCATs will become especially important since there will be so few GPA hours on your transcript.

as long as it shows up on transcripts and there's proof that you've completed these courses/credit for these courses, you're fine. it's all about the transcript.