Premedical committee letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ramodaha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm working on my applications for Caribbean schools right now and I know that several schools ask for at least one of the letter of recommendation to be from a premedical advisory committee. However my school (University of Toronto) doesn't have any such thing so do I just send them letters from professors only or what?

Members don't see this ad.

letters from at least 2 science professors will suffice

I have a committee at my school but apparently they don't think I am Doctor material so they aren't recommending me. But i am getting around this because:

Ross will take a science professor letter + a physician letter

SGU will take two science professor letters

AUC will take two science professor letters

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't Ross accept 2 science professor letters as well?

^ Nope, not according to their Instructions pdf thing on their application (which is right under the "Home" Tab when you are logged into their system). It says:

"Letters of Recommendation: Please have letters of recommendation sent directly to Ross University as soon
as possible.

Option 1: Please send one academic and one professional letter.
Option 2: Send one letter from the pre-med advisor committee.

Letters of Recommendation are property of Ross University once received. "

Maybe you can call/email them and just ask them if you can give them two science professor letters instead.

You should ask two professors and an extra person. That's what I did at McGill.

ayo I'm in the situation as you I guess so i called Ross up and asked them if i can give them two science professor letters instead of going by "option 1" or "option 2" in my post above. They said that this is fine.

I think they would "prefer" you to use option 1 or 2 above, but I can't really get a professional letter good/fast enough, so I am giving them two science professor letters.