Premedical committee letters

Started by Ramodaha
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ramodaha

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm working on my applications for Caribbean schools right now and I know that several schools ask for at least one of the letter of recommendation to be from a premedical advisory committee. However my school (University of Toronto) doesn't have any such thing so do I just send them letters from professors only or what?
 
I have a committee at my school but apparently they don't think I am Doctor material so they aren't recommending me. But i am getting around this because:

Ross will take a science professor letter + a physician letter

SGU will take two science professor letters

AUC will take two science professor letters
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
^ Nope, not according to their Instructions pdf thing on their application (which is right under the "Home" Tab when you are logged into their system). It says:

"Letters of Recommendation: Please have letters of recommendation sent directly to Ross University as soon
as possible.

Option 1: Please send one academic and one professional letter.
Option 2: Send one letter from the pre-med advisor committee.

Letters of Recommendation are property of Ross University once received. "

Maybe you can call/email them and just ask them if you can give them two science professor letters instead.
 
You should ask two professors and an extra person. That's what I did at McGill.
 
ayo I'm in the situation as you I guess so i called Ross up and asked them if i can give them two science professor letters instead of going by "option 1" or "option 2" in my post above. They said that this is fine.

I think they would "prefer" you to use option 1 or 2 above, but I can't really get a professional letter good/fast enough, so I am giving them two science professor letters.