Prep Course For Passage Review Only

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTinthemaking15

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like the subject says, do they offer something like this? I am decent at making my own schedules, studying the material when I am supposed to, etc... My main issue is breaking these passages down and answering them clearly. My wife and I were discussing my study habits and she stated "DPTinthemaking15, your only issue is the passages. It seems like you understand the content, but you are struggling with understanding how to affectively answer the questions." Can anyone suggest anything like this?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Like the subject says, do they offer something like this? I am decent at making my own schedules, studying the material when I am supposed to, etc... My main issue is breaking these passages down and answering them clearly. My wife and I were discussing my study habits and she stated "DPTinthemaking15, your only issue is the passages. It seems like you understand the content, but you are struggling with understanding how to affectively answer the questions." Can anyone suggest anything like this?

What you are asking for does exist. It sounds very similar to a service Altius launched last summer. They offer 5/5 and 10/10 "Exams+Mentoring" packages. These are designed for smart, disciplined self-study students who want to accelerate their results but don't need a complete course. You get 5 or 10 Altius Full-Length Exams, plus 5 or 10 1-hour sessions with a 95th-Percentile-or-above MCAT Mentor who does a complete 1-on-1 review of your most recent exam. I was trained on this program and have done it with two students with great success (5-10 pt increases on the next full-length exam). Our primary focus is to help the student understand the exam itself, such as how to breakdown/simplify a complex passage, digesting it into a simple model/synopsis that can be used to answer any of the questions. We also analyze overall performance to find trends in why you miss questions. We do the same passage-breakdown process during our Bronze course, which focuses on problem-based review of passages (not lectures). PM me if either option fits what you're looking for.

You have asked the perfect question! Once a student realizes that doing well is not a matter of reviewing and memorizing material, but instead learning the art of navigating answer choices, they blossom. This is exactly what we have been doing for twenty-seven years with some amazing results. Students who focus on learning test-taking skills get very good scores. Unfortunately, we only hold classes at three locations.

You have asked the perfect question! Once a student realizes that doing well is not a matter of reviewing and memorizing material, but instead learning the art of navigating answer choices, they blossom. This is exactly what we have been doing for twenty-seven years with some amazing results. Students who focus on learning test-taking skills get very good scores. Unfortunately, we only hold classes at three locations.

*Sighs* I wish you guys were located closer or had online content, but I understand that you put a lot of work into the classroom. Maybe I will another company that will help me along my path! Thank you guys for providing good books though.