Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone
I was on track to go through medical school. Post-bac student with 4.0 gap in all pre-req coursework, just decided there is no way i could handle another 4 years of school plus 4 years of residency and all the bills that go with it. I'm doing another year of undergrad where I will complete the following coursework
Fall 15
A&P 1
Biochemistry
Cell Biology
Spring 16
A&P 2
Microbiology
Genetics
Currently I have
Bio 1 & 2
Gen Chem 1 & 2
Physics 1 & 2
Organic 1 & 2
Aside from organic, I hardly remember anything from bio or gen chem, its pretty well out the door from making room for organic. I'm curious, even though I will not be taking the MCAT, should I continue to study for it aside from the Physics so that I am on par for the gen bio, gen chem and organic areas that would be expected of me when beginning PA school?
I was thinking of buying the bio vids from chad on coursesaver and taking notes/memorizing all that stuff, going through all my lecture notes for organic 1 & 2 and perhaps buy the videos and takes notes on the gen chem stuff. Frankly none of this sounds fun but I don't want to show up to school with no clue of what I'm doing.
I'm going to spend the summer going to EMT courses and attain certification so that I can get a job as an ER tech in the local hospital. I will also be studying for the GRE. Should I use the rest of my time over summer to be relearning all the gen bio, gen chem and orgo?
I've also been thinking of buying an A&P book along with biochem to get a head start for classes this fall. There is so much to think about doing, what is the best way to spend the time?
I was on track to go through medical school. Post-bac student with 4.0 gap in all pre-req coursework, just decided there is no way i could handle another 4 years of school plus 4 years of residency and all the bills that go with it. I'm doing another year of undergrad where I will complete the following coursework
Fall 15
A&P 1
Biochemistry
Cell Biology
Spring 16
A&P 2
Microbiology
Genetics
Currently I have
Bio 1 & 2
Gen Chem 1 & 2
Physics 1 & 2
Organic 1 & 2
Aside from organic, I hardly remember anything from bio or gen chem, its pretty well out the door from making room for organic. I'm curious, even though I will not be taking the MCAT, should I continue to study for it aside from the Physics so that I am on par for the gen bio, gen chem and organic areas that would be expected of me when beginning PA school?
I was thinking of buying the bio vids from chad on coursesaver and taking notes/memorizing all that stuff, going through all my lecture notes for organic 1 & 2 and perhaps buy the videos and takes notes on the gen chem stuff. Frankly none of this sounds fun but I don't want to show up to school with no clue of what I'm doing.
I'm going to spend the summer going to EMT courses and attain certification so that I can get a job as an ER tech in the local hospital. I will also be studying for the GRE. Should I use the rest of my time over summer to be relearning all the gen bio, gen chem and orgo?
I've also been thinking of buying an A&P book along with biochem to get a head start for classes this fall. There is so much to think about doing, what is the best way to spend the time?