prepharmacy courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asianbabigrl87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are some behavioral sciences courses beside psychology???

Members don't see this ad.

I think anthropology and sociology are considered behavioral/social sciences. I would recommend taking psychology; however, as many schools specifically require it. I took sociology, and while it works for two of the schools I applied to, two others requires psych...so I'll be taking it!

From Pharmcas:

"Social/Behavioral Science: Anthropology, Community Health, Criminal Justice Educational Psychology, Ethnic Studies, Human Sexuality, Marriage/Family, Personal Health, Physiological Ethics, Psychology, Social Science, Social Work/Sociology"

I took Psychology, Sociology, and Biology of Human Sexuality. All three were very interesting.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am taking Physiological Psychology right now... some schools call it Biopsychology or Neuropsychology - its pretty much semi A&P with a little psychology mixed in - pretty cool class thus far.

~above~

I took Psychology, Life-Span Developmental Psych, Human Sexuality and Anthropology. All very interesting and they fullfill the behavioral/social req's.