Prepping in advance for OMS First Year Coursework

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AspiringDoc2000

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been accepted to two DO schools and am waiting on the outcome of my remaining applications. Either way, I am starting med school in Fall 2023.

I would like to take the time from now till next September to get a leg up on the coursework and exams that will start then. Given that med school is hard and a competitive environment, I want to start preparing now to hit the ground running at that time and score well in my first year.

Are there online classes, other material on the net that I can start leveraging on my own? I am currently working full time in my gap year as a scientist in a lab, but can study during evening and especially weekends.
 
Probably not the answer you wanna hear, but I’d suggest spending time with family/friends, immersing yourself in yourself hobbies, and doing things not related to medicine.

The time is not far off where your ability to do these things will be greatly reduced.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You really can't prep unless you take a human anatomy course somewhere. I would review the meaning of anatomical terms like anterior, posterior, medial, lateral, coronal, transverse, sagital planes, etc. By being familiar with these terms, you can more readily understand structures and their relation to others. Otherwise, enjoy your family.
 
You really can't prep unless you take a human anatomy course somewhere. I would review the meaning of anatomical terms like anterior, posterior, medial, lateral, coronal, transverse, sagital planes, etc. By being familiar with these terms, you can more readily understand structures and their relation to others. Otherwise, enjoy your family.
Thanks. How about pharmacology, neuroscience, beefing up more on biochemistry, microbiology, immunology etc?
 
There is no point to studying those subjects independently.

Closing this thread as there is an on-going discussion for it below:

 
Status
Not open for further replies.