Prereqs needed for the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

$haBoy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, but which of the prereqs do I actually need to take before I sit for the MCAT, as opposed to what can be self-taught and I can just take the class officially afterwards (either because the material is relatively easy or there just isn't much of it on the test)?

Members don't see this ad.

Realistically speaking... Take ALL the prereqs beforehand. Everything can be self taught, but not everyone can self teach. Why take chances when you will need to take the classes to get in to med school anyways.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with @rdyotz; if possible, it's advisable to take your pre-reqs before the MCAT. If you do, it will save you time and effort when preparing for the test, as you will only need to review the subjects and work on your weak areas instead of learning everything from zero. You don't need to take more advanced courses to prepare for the test, though... the foundations are where high-yield material for the test is.

Reactions: 1 user