Prereqs to Aud Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shesallcali

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I posted earlier about being a non-aud/cds/speech major and I know there are certain prereqs to schools.
I know there are science classes meant for non-science majors and there are science classes for science majors like.. HUman Bio 100 is generally for non-science majors but Bio 230 is for science-majors.
Now I am majoring in Human Development and I was wondering if it would be best to take liek the Physics and Chem and Bio and all that from the Science-major section or does it really matter?
The only benefit from taking the classes intended for non-science majors is that the classes will be easier.
Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

not necessary to take science major classes

...I was wondering if it would be best to take liek the Physics and Chem and Bio and all that from the Science-major section or does it really matter?
The only benefit from taking the classes intended for non-science majors is that the classes will be easier.
Any advice?

Focus on what you want to get out of your education. Are you interested in learning the in-depth scientific data or would you only take that if it were required?

We've been discussing this on the forums lately, that it's not how great of a student you are, it's how good of a fit you are for graduate programs. That means how interested you are as a person, how well you will do in your intended career, and (sadly, because I'm not great at this) how well you can network and work the social aspect. If you take easier classes, be able to say why.

For example, I've been trying to petition this Deaf Culture class at my school because I've basically already taken it at another school. My professor acts like I don't want to do the work, when really I just don't want to take it because I see more useful purposes for my time. I don't want to petition it because I don't want to do the work, I want to petition it because I want to take a psychology research methods course instead.

Good luck in your decision. Ultimately it comes down to who you are and who you want to be, although I'm sure that's a deeper response than you were looking for! ;)