Presentation about Myself for PGY2 Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

callmebrie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

So one of the interviews that I received requires that I make 5-minute presentation about myself. No further instructions were given. I am kinda blanking because I am not the most creative person. If anybody has any experience with this or has any idea they would be willing to share, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

So one of the interviews that I received requires that I make 5-minute presentation about myself. No further instructions were given. I am kinda blanking because I am not the most creative person. If anybody has any experience with this or has any idea they would be willing to share, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
Introduce yourself, where you're from, growing up, interesting facts, any hobbies that you can indirectly relate to your PGY2. The one I had interviewing for PGY1 last year was an open topic for 5 minutes, I think it's just to see how you can convey valuable information about yourself outside of pharmacy in a clear, concise, maybe even relaxed, confident manner.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all,

I had an interview that made me do this. I did the traditional format of introducing myself, background, Pharmacy stuff and then other random things about me like hobbies, etc. the other interviewee did a acrostic poem (spelt out her name vertically) which I thought was unique compared to what others do. Neither of us matched with that program... But I hope this helps!

It's really meant to showcase stuff about yourself that they may not find out otherwise. I used tons of pictures in mine. went through where I grew up, my education history, leadership experiences, but then focused most on things I love to do. it's not meant to be a stressful presentation, just have fun with it!