PGY1 or PGY2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CYNTO

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hay guys, I have been a retail rph for 9+ yrs now and I was thinking of going for a PGY1 for more clinical experience. Meanwhile I am also currently doing an online BSN nursing program since I have not been a job as an rph for a while. Do you guys think the residency is worth it? and what are the marching chances?

Members don't see this ad.

matching chances are very very low especially since you graduated many years ago and been in retail for such a long time. You do realize that even after PGY1, you would still need to apply and look for a job so you could end up back in the same position. Complete the nursing program.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I don't know anything about you other than what you said, but 9+ years of retail and not currently employed do not bode well for you. If I am honest, unless there are some amazing things on your app your chances are probably within a rounding error of 0%.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is always a chance. Chances are low, but not zero. As long as you have the ambition on perseverance, I would give it a chance. Always remember you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take. Look for NEW programs (pre-candidate status), in rural areas, and smaller sized hospitals. Those are your best bet. You need to be willing to move without a doubt. WORK VERY HARD ON YOUR CV AND LETTER OF INTENT. It needs to be unique, heart-felt, and with zero room for error. CV/LOI's take MANY HOURS to create. This is not a "weekend project". I suggest you pull together all the resources.

Best of luck to you.