PGY2 Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDHopeful2017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I wanted to post a thread since I am about a month into my PGY1 and I want to stay on top of things. My plan is to do a PGY2 in ambulatory care and I am hoping to be in North Carolina. I am currently doing a general/acute care PGY1, but my RPD has done an amazing job of getting me ambulatory care experiences before Midyear/PPS. I have joined the pharmacy state organization and joined athe ambulatory care chapter as well. Any other suggestions to stay competitive or does anyone have any insight into if it will hurt my chances since I am doing a general PGY1 and not an ambulatory care focused PGY1? I applied to about half and half in terms of general versus ambulatory care focused PGY1s, but am thankful I matched where I did. I know some may say “don’t limit yourself to one area” and I don’t necessarily need to be in North Carolina and will apply around the US, but my girlfriend is doing a PGY1 and PGY2 in NC and I’d like to get by her. Plus, North Carolina has amazing ambulatory care programs and I would love to learn in a different part of the US (currently doing my PGY1 in Midwest and attending pharmacy school/worked in the Midwest as well). Thank you for any insight and I know I still have about 6 months, but I am motivated to get some good news in March! Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.