President

Started by jtd2081
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jtd2081

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was President of my fraternity. I figured putting both a brother and a officer as separate entries for activities. Which one would people recommend being the meaningful experience?
 
I would think being an officer would have been more meaningful or you would have just remained a member?

I don't know anything about frats but im guessing your duties included some form of guidance/mentoring of newer members? You could draw on that if you're going to use it.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should be able to just have one activity slot for your fraternity (most meaningful) and then describe your role(s), growth, etc.
 
If you choose to talk about both experiences, it should be done under one entry. I personally believe your app would be stronger by choosing to only talk about the President role and highlighting your growth in leadership skills.
 
I mean it is a community service fraternity revolving around boy scouts lol so not like a social frat
 
I mean it is a community service fraternity revolving around boy scouts lol so not like a social frat

I'd call it a club instead of frat if you could. Frats are not seen as positive entities in the conservative culture of Academic Medicine.
 
Double-check that there isn't any negative press floating around on the interwebz concerning your frat, be it yours or any other chapter.
 
OP i put that I was a brother of a service fraternity but also indicated on the description that it was a service fraternity haha.