prestigious colleges (undergrad/ med)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Not that they are less worthy, but that it is not as easy for them to get into an certain school. Many people that are lucky enough to get into the top ivy schools would probably not be so lucky if they were domiciled in, for ex Oregon, with nothing else being different.

Because new haven is such a happening place

I think it also has to do with the fact that students from the immediate New England area or Greater New York area are more well rounded because they live in a part of the country that is so populated with so many things to do. There are so many perks to living in that part of the country.

I lol'd and lol'd.

Was away from SDN for a few days, and returned to this gem. Thank you for shaking me from my case of the Mondays.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, I don't get the Jersey jokes. This is a fine state with sophisticated people and only the tough can survive here. The people that leave are the people that want an easy life. We actually don't pump our own gas because we are so busy being busy that we just don't have the time to do it. You have to pump your gas because there is nothing else better to do. It's either the joy of pumping gas or driving for miles looking at trees, rocks, and hitchhikers.

This is the funniest thing I have read in days. DAYS!

This thread is gold.

Well, you know what they say about New Jersey... you don't have to pay to get in but you have to pay to get out. Teehee!
^ The bridge tolls around here are all paid when you leave the state.
Seriously... no beef with Jersey here. I've spent many a summer vacation somewhere between AC and Cape May, their transit line gets me to NYC fast and cheap enough, and they have good tomatoes. I wouldn't be opposed to doing residency or fellowship at somewhere like UMDNJ, either.

I am from Oregon and I will receive my MD degree next month from a top ten Ivy League med school. I just matched into a residency in a surgical subspecialty at the same med school school, so 5 more years on the East Coast for me. When I am done, I will get my butt back to Oregon as soon as possible.

I owe it all to Oregon. I will raise my children in Oregon where they will fish, snowboard, and backpack in the Cascade Mountains, but, alas, they will not eat hot dogs at 2am in the morning.

Ok, I wish you well.