Prestudying for student with bare minimum prerequisites?

Started by JKetlerP
Tags Tags
prestudy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JKetlerP

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I have a read a lot on these forums about prestudying for medical school--specifically, not to do it. It seems to simply not be worth the effort. I am wondering whether anyone would say differently if I have taken only the minimum prerequisites.

Meaning, I have taken Bio 1+2, Physics 1+2, Gen Chem 1+2, Orgo 1+2, Biochem, and a couple social sciences. So no microbio, genetics, anatomy, etc.

Does this change anything?
 
Pre-studying would make essentially zero difference. Pre-studying prior to medical school, at best, would be like starting a multiple mile race like 20 feet ahead of everyone else. It might be a slight advantage at first, but the enormous volume of information and the short time period in which you have to learn it will equalize everyone very quickly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad