preventive medicine step 2 ck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RichterBelmont

Psychiatry Resident
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is by and large my worst part of my Step 2 performance (per the NBME 4 feedback I received).

I've reading the preventive med sections of Step 2 Secrets and MTB Step 2, but I'm not sure what else I can do.

Any advice? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Both USMLE/COMLEX preventative med questions weren't so bad.

Secrets and uworld should be enough.

The ones that were very hard on USMLE were psych and ethics

Thank you for your advice!

I went through UW about 1.5x already, just using this last week to read up Step 2 Secrets and my notes from UW.

Judging from the other threads, Step 2 is a storm no matter how you cut it :(

Yeah main take-away from my experience has been that you will absolutely be asked a bunch of questions on stuff that isn't in your study materials and looking at the same things over and over aren't going to help you with that. And all of the common study materials contain the same things presented in pretty much the same way.

Don't let it get to you, and just keep your cool and you will be fine i'm sure (but do look at psych)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah main take-away from my experience has been that you will absolutely be asked a bunch of questions on stuff that isn't in your study materials and looking at the same things over and over aren't going to help you with that. And all of the common study materials contain the same things presented in pretty much the same way.

Don't let it get to you, and just keep your cool and you will be fine i'm sure (but do look at psych)

How do you propose one learns psych and ethics other than FA, UW, or Kaplan Q? Thanks.

I honestly wish I knew. I used those sources + secrets + other qbanks and it was not enough.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you

Can you elaborate a little on what made psych so difficult? Was it the new DSM-V changes?