Previous grad degree?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amers

Very floral
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, first time posting on this forum. I'm shadowing my friend's dad who is a DPM this summer after finding podiatry very interesting. I was wondering if anyone who has applied to pod schools applied after receiving a master's or PhD. I will have a MPH in 2010 and plan on applying Sept. 09. I really like AZPOD and Western also looks good. Thank you for your imput.:)

Members don't see this ad.

It's not real uncommon to have done previous grad work before pod school, and it might work to your advantage in the application process.

That said, it's certainly no slam dunk that you'll do any better than the next student who just has a BS/BA degree. In my particular class, we've had multiple people with an MS or MPH going in who flunked out, and we have people who just did the 90cr + MCAT who are near the top of the class.

I think more experience with science and health related topics will always be to your advantage, but there are never any guarantees. Some of the pod schools offer MPH, MS, MBA, etc dual degree programs along with the DPM coursework.

Ok, thanks for the imput. I'm getting the degree because I feel it is a good idea and I need to take physics still. Plus, I'm not paying tuition thanks to the school. I certainly intend on doing my best in Pod school if I am admitted for class of 2014.:)