Primary Care Locums Rates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anthroguy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I will be leaving my current employer and will try telemedicine/locums for a bit. I plan to do a mix of both to mix up. 10 full sessions of primary care/week has def taken a toll with the pandemic : (. Im writing to ask what hourly rates people are seeing for in person locums. I know RNs are reporting increased rates at this time, is this similar in Family Med?

Specifically, Is $200/hour crazy or will they laugh me out of the room?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all,
I will be leaving my current employer and will try telemedicine/locums for a bit. I plan to do a mix of both to mix up. 10 full sessions of primary care/week has def taken a toll with the pandemic : (. Im writing to ask what hourly rates people are seeing for in person locums. I know RNs are reporting increased rates at this time, is this similar in Family Med?

Specifically, Is $200/hour crazy or will they laugh me out of the room?
for hospitalist/ER locums, reasonable. for primary care locums, maybe too high.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Hollowmann's rates for primary care. I've been seeing rate increase for urgent care locums - $140 per hour, hospitalist shifts around $180 per hour. Sometimes they bump it up if they really can't get any one, but usually not by too much. I haven't done urgent care shifts recently. They are getting killed with all the COVID triage and understaffing.

In my area of the US, you will not see $200/hr. RNs are much more in demand than we are. Travel nurses make way more than I do right now.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with Hollowmann's rates for primary care. I've been seeing rate increase for urgent care locums - $140 per hour, hospitalist shifts around $180 per hour. Sometimes they bump it up if they really can't get any one, but usually not by too much. I haven't done urgent care shifts recently. They are getting killed with all the COVID triage and understaffing.
This is an understatement. I see 55-65+ patient a shift in urgent care these days.

Reactions: 1 users