Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by DocHoliday, Feb 18, 2007.

1. DocHoliday

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Does anyone know if there is any headway being made in determining the cause of PSC? My father has had two liver transplants and the disease seems to not be as rare as it once was. Does anyone have experience with the disease? By the way his transplants were at Emory in Atlanta.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DarksideAllstar

DarksideAllstar you can pay me in bud
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  3. crazy_cavalier

crazy_cavalier T3-Weighted
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    OP
    DocHoliday

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Man, I can't believe this. I'm doing a presentation on Helicobacter pylori and diseases of the Human GI and it just so happens that H. pylori and other Helicobacter sp. have been found in liver bile of some patients with PSC. My father had duodenal uclers and H. pylori infection along with his PSC... WOW I bet there's an association there. H.pylori could be affecting the bile ducts in a similar way it affects the stomach epithelium. Just a thought :idea: