Princeton prep or kaplan prep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WanderingGuitarist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sup guys,

I talked to my advisor and she recommended me to take a prep course. She told me that former students have taken the princeton course and had some questions appear on the MCAT. Idk who accurate this is but for your knowledge, which prep course should I take?

I plan on taking the MCAT in January. I will be taking the prep course during the fall semester along with studying for the MCAT on my own. will this be adequate?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't do it just because you were told to. Prep Courses have its own pros and cons and it really just depends on your learning style. If you're disciplined and driven, save the money and study on your own. If you need a physical force to make you study, then a prep course is for you.

There are plenty of threads about prep courses, so I would definitely research more before dropping some mad dough.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, I'm taking Princeton right now, but I'm not very impressed with them, I sill feel vulnerable.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took a Kaplan course for my RRT prep back in the day and was so disappointed I swore review courses off forever. Studied for the MCAT using review books only, got a 35. The highest scorers I've known didn't get there with courses, they got there with books by TBR, EK, etc.

Self-study may be the best, cheaper route to go.
Kaplan, Princeton, and Barron's were incredibly helpful, alongside review of all my textbooks and notes from class.