princeton review A-D

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

misscalipig

i know someone asked this earlier, but i can't find the thread...
so i'm asking again or hopefully someone can bump the old thread up...

are the princeton revie A-D unreflective of the real mcat exams? which subjects and why?

thanks for reading =D

Members don't see this ad.

I just felt bad no one responded, but maybe i can offer some advice. I think A and B are both good for testing how much specific knowledge you have, so if you still have time to do that, do them. However, i guess the best thing to do at this point is to focus on the real stuff. good luck.

yeah, i agree, thanks for the post =D i guess people are busy with secondaries and stuff =D

did you take the exams? did they differ a lot from your amcas diags?

did any of you take PR's free practice test? If so, what did you think about it? Is it reeeally hard to make you think that you need their course or is it of realistic difficulty? THANKS!

Members don't see this ad :)
To be honest, I thought the tests were good practice, but not if you need to score a 35 on them. Use them as a diagnostic tool more than anything. If you have time, take one before monday, but after that, you should not concern yourself with them.

take them seriously for practice if you just want the extra work. but A-D were a lot harder than the real thing, so dont get to freaked out if you're scoring 5 points below what you want

ok, thanks for the advice people =D

just for my info, (and possibly others as well), anyone who took practice test A-D and took the mcat, can you post your scores to show the discrepency and how much the tests differed....thanks!!!!!

omg...the pr a-d tests are unbelievable. i don't like their scale, so i looked at some of my old kaplan full-lengths to check out their scales...verbal was about the same, but for both ps and bs, the kaplan scale was farrrr more lenient. i know that you can't go hard and fast by the kaplan scale b/c it's a different test, but the scale that pr gives is based on AAMC practice test III, so they did the same thing. i think what i'm trying to say is...i agree with the previous poster who said that these tests are good practice, but not indicative (fingers crossed!) of how we'll do on the real thing.

Originally posted by misscalipig
ok, thanks for the advice people =D

just for my info, (and possibly others as well), anyone who took practice test A-D and took the mcat, can you post your scores to show the discrepency and how much the tests differed....thanks!!!!!

my best score i think was on C, a 27 (8V, 10P, 9B, something like that)
real thing 35R 10V, 12P, 13B

lettered tests=way harder than the real thing. do them for practice only

Im gonna bump this thread up to the present
these tests are killer
took one today, got a 21 (8V,6P!!,7B)- yikes, but i've been scoring 10's consistently on science sections of the AAMC revised tests- guess what they say is right- ONLY use these tests for practice (unless you get a 45 on them, and then STOP STUDYING)