Princeton Review and Test V accurate scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

judoka

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically, I want to know which tests I should take at this point. I mean, I just took AAMC V, administered by PR, and got a 14P, 13B, and a lowly 9V. I really don't know what to do. I did PR test B's verbal today and got another phat 9. I just don't get it. I killed kaplan's stuff before and i did ok on 482 and 483, but it's like every test i've been doing since has been killer. It appears to me that most people did worse on test V, especially the verbal. I am just wondering how people did on test V and how people are planning on getting accurate verbal practice. Also, is test V a real mcat? I think it is a complilation of real passages, but not a real administered MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

The AAMC Practice tests are a compilation of items that were given on that test day. However, they are an accurate representation of what you would see on test day, as there is a given proprotion of easy/difficult/medium questions and passage/implied based questions distributed on every exam.

For many people, AAMC V and VI have been very strong indicators of what they got on the actual MCAT. I have found the AAMC verbals to be quite consistent with my preparation level, and unless you had a bad test day, you are at rougly a 9 in terms of your verbal.

verbal is the root of all evil =D

for those who got 10 or greater on the verbal mcat, what did you get on your diags, especially if you took the daigs right before the actual mcat? this will hopefully give us an idea of how comparable the verbal test is to the actual mcat...were the passages mainly humanities, social science, or science science? if i get a passage on picasso or any type of art, i'll just kill myself =D

Originally posted by judoka
Basically, I want to know which tests I should take at this point. I mean, I just took AAMC V, administered by PR, and got a 14P, 13B, and a lowly 9V. I really don't know what to do. I did PR test B's verbal today and got another phat 9. I just don't get it. I killed kaplan's stuff before and i did ok on 482 and 483, but it's like every test i've been doing since has been killer. It appears to me that most people did worse on test V, especially the verbal. I am just wondering how people did on test V and how people are planning on getting accurate verbal practice. Also, is test V a real mcat? I think it is a complilation of real passages, but not a real administered MCAT.

i know' u've heard this before, but just keep practicing.......do all kap[lan section tests and do everything else.....take aamc and see if you can get an 11 then you're set with a 38..........

nero